Disclaimer: The pictures and text included on this blog are my sole property and therefore, I possess the sole right of control to determine approved usage. No pictures or text may be copied, shared, duplicated, or in any other way reproduced or borrowed from this site. If you want to use pictures or text from this blog, please leave your request in the comments section.





Monday, January 30, 2012

Home study visit

I had my 3rd and hopefully (God willing!) last home study visit yesterday. The social worker was here for 3 hours. I think it went well. I really like the social worker. She worked in child protective services before and has adopted two children internationally as well, though not special needs. She has done many home studies. She is very laid back, easy to talk to, and does point out things to think about. I forgot about having to pay mileage but luckily she forgot her form so she's gonna have to bill me. Hopefully that will give me some more time before I have to pay her :) Neither of my checks have cleared yet, so I'm still not officially committed yet, though we are still on MFFM on Reece's Rainbow. I still consider her mine, but I don't want to post her name or picture until its official. I sent the supervision fee ($150) to AAC to supervise my home study. I have to take some educational classes, one of which I pay for ($50) after my home study is completed. I wish I could start taking the classes though. The next monetary needs have to do with sending the dossier to her country. I have to have $1500 (rest of the case management fee) and $2000 program fee/attorney fee (I think) to send with the dossier. In addition, I know there are a couple of more forms I need that will be about $50, everything has to be notarized, and the apostilled. I know it will work out but what I don't know is how long it will take. However, once her country gets the dossier, translates everything, and (God willing) approves it...I'll get my first travel date! Then I'll be able to see my girl. I've sent a letter to the Ministry at Vic's suggestion asking for any updated info or pics of her. Maybe we'll get something back. Her file only shows medical from 2005. Obviously she was seen somewhere else along the way b/c she ended up with hearing aids, which wasn't noted as a problem in 2005.

Speaking of money....Don't forget about the Nook giveaway. Tomorrow is the end of the giveaway! Please share with others!

1 comment:

  1. I think I have figured out who your girl is, and I couldn't be happier if I tried. She is a beautiful blessing, and I am happy that you have found her. Once it is official, and I know for sure, I would like to run an idea by you to help with funds. :-) Best wishes for things to move ahead swiftly and without interruption. :-)

    ReplyDelete