- To raise awareness of the plight of children born with Down syndrome and other special needs in Eastern European countries
- To share my hopes, dreams, and journey to bring one such child home through international adoption
- To ask for any support, donations, financial help, and prayers to help me make the dream of this adoption come true
- To advocate for other orphans and families going through the same (or similar) journey
- To praise and glorify God in the process
That brings me to item #3. Adoption is not cheap. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Doesn't this child deserve her chance at life? Doesn't she deserve a warm bed? Ample food? Education? Love? Medical care? Hearing aids that work?
I only discovered this child in September. This was not a journey I had really explored. I am a foster parent and therefore was open to a child with special needs. But I had not really explored international adoption and was not fully aware of the situation in Eastern Europe. But now that I know I must go forward. I must bring this child home as soon as possible. But I cannot do this alone. God has led me this far and I trust He will provide the funds needed for this adoption through people all over that can see how big this issue is and find it in their heart to help a little girl get a chance at life. We cannot save the world, but together we can change the world for this one child!
"Once our eyes are opened,
we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls,
knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."