Disclaimer: The pictures and text included on this blog are my sole property and therefore, I possess the sole right of control to determine approved usage. No pictures or text may be copied, shared, duplicated, or in any other way reproduced or borrowed from this site. If you want to use pictures or text from this blog, please leave your request in the comments section.





Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Birthday Wish

Between a newborn foster child at home and work during the day, I did not have an opportunity to explain the ChipIn to friends, families, visitors, etc. I have begun the home study process and am ready to start the rest of the adoption process. Part of that process is the committment/trust fees for this particular child. Once I have done that, I can share her beautiful picture and the name which she is listed. This will also help secure her from someone else committing to her. Of course, the primary point is for her to get a family. However, I REALLY want to be that family. The committment also will open up the opportunity for other fundraisers, grants, and loans. See how important this step is?

I've added the ChipIn so donations can be made directly to me. It can be done securely through Paypal and goes directly into my Paypal account for this adoption. Any amount helps. For instance, if 150 people could simply give $20, this first goal would be met. I realize some people may be able to give more and may feel led to give more. But some people may not be able to give that much. Anything helps. If you do not have a paypal account but would like to send a donation, message me and I will give you my mailing address. I am so grateful for anything. Even just a special note that you are praying for us and for God to move the obstacles that are holding us back from being a family.

As I mentioned earlier, my little girl is nearly 7 years old. My goal is to be able to commit to her by her birthday. Please help me give her what is most likely the first birthday present she has ever had. A family.

If you have any questions, about the ChipIn, how I found this child, the plight of children with special needs in Eastern Europe, the adoption process...whatever...please feel free to contact me. I ask that you please keep us in your prayers. There can never be enough prayers. Share my blog and adoption journey with others so we can spread the word, increase the support and prayers, and educate as many people as possible about special needs, adoption, and these countries and orphans. If you have experience with children with special needs, especially Down syndrome, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment