Disclaimer: The pictures and text included on this blog are my sole property and therefore, I possess the sole right of control to determine approved usage. No pictures or text may be copied, shared, duplicated, or in any other way reproduced or borrowed from this site. If you want to use pictures or text from this blog, please leave your request in the comments section.





Sunday, April 8, 2012

Eggs, Easter, and Promises

 

So here are my crushed not so perfect eggs. I'd like to claim I usually boil beautiful eggs. But that would not be true. I am one of those people that are so worried about undercooking eggs and chicken that I over-cook them. Oh well, ain't nobody gettin' food poisoning on my watch! 




Anyway, it was fun. I didn't have enough onion skins. Had I known I was going to do this earlier, I would have been preparing. But as a single person, I don't really have a bunch of onions on hand at one time. Next year I will start hanging on to onion skins months before. I do intend to try dying eggs B's country-tradition next year (with Brigita, Lord willing!)

   
I checked out some online stuff while they were cooking and also realized that I could have left the onions in the water to help with the coloring. I'm not really sure why the 2 eggs 3rd down from the top in the carton didn't take the color very well. They were all put in at the same time and I rotated the eggs around. I also need to replace the burners on my stove. I had to keep cutting the temp down and then up. I actually used red onion skins but only from one onion. Next year I would like a pot of red and a pot of yellow. I was also tired by the time they were cooling off and decided not to do any etching or anything. I did try letting blades of grass dry on some, a couple of leaves, and some flower petals. Nothing really happened but I also didn't wrap them up to dry and stuff like you were supposed to do.

At church today, we did not study the gospels. But, oh what a wonderful sermon! Instead, our pastor took us to 1 Peter 1:3-5. It talks about the promises God has given us through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. There were three promises in these short verses: Living hope; an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade; and shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation.

For those I've not shared this with (I believe its in the blog), God has made me a promise. Its hard to straddle the line of caution for the heart, believing in God's faithfulness, and trusting his will no matter what direction it takes. God showed me Brigita. He placed in my heart the concept of Brigita being with another family. Then he breathed words into my body that were so strong, more than anything I had ever experienced. Many others have heard these similar words..."This is your daughter, this is your daughter."

It was almost like I was being introduced to her. But in that phrase is a promise. That when all is done, Brigita will be my daughter. Now I find myself praying for this child as Hannah (1 Samuel 1:27) prayed for her child. And I wait for God to fulfill that promise like he did for Hannah. I can't wait for God to grant me my petition.

Happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment