Disclaimer: The pictures and text included on this blog are my sole property and therefore, I possess the sole right of control to determine approved usage. No pictures or text may be copied, shared, duplicated, or in any other way reproduced or borrowed from this site. If you want to use pictures or text from this blog, please leave your request in the comments section.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Another update

Brigita and I have had a lot going on since the last update.

First, Brigita had her surgery to drain fluid from her ears, put tubes in, and complete a sedated hearing test. Turns out there was no fluid, so no tubes needed and she can hear! Not hearing impaired at all!

Before surgery

Before surgery

Waking up

Waiting for surgery. Brigita played with one of these for the first time!! We've tried before but she only threw it. She quickly picked up on moving the beads around and played for about 10 minutes.
Next, we had Thanksgiving with the family...good food, good company, and a pile of leaves!!

Thanksgiving weekend, we got our Christmas Tree!

(This is not the completed look, but I haven't taken another picture yet)
Then, we went to see the pediatric gastro specialist. We haven't gotten any answers yet, but had to do another cleanout (Brigita was given one partial clean out by enema in country; then in October I had to do 3 at-home enemas within a 24 hour period; now she's backed up again). Can't show you how big her belly got due to some inappropriate parts showing. But trust me, it was swollen! Like one of those seedless watermelons under her skin. So we had a long morning @ Duke but then spent some time with Aunt Liz and Canon that afternoon.
Licking the pinwheel

Even Canon is curious about the Pinwheel

The clean out process this time was to give her large doses of Miralax and a laxative. Poor baby. I felt like such an abusive mom mixing her drinks and knowing it would make her sick. Brigita is such a trooper! She hung in their Saturday and Sunday did so well we went to see her first parade.

While we were standing there I noticed a smell not like exhaust fumes...she had a full explosion all over this outfit and the stroller. Luckily mom was prepared with another outfit in the diaper bag.
After the parade we went to Grandma's house for Grandpa Garry's birthday. Brigita did not feel good after eating. Her tummy was very bloated still. So off we went home to put on our christmas jammies. See the little buddha belly? Not super big but big enough considering we had a clean out :(

Brigita tossed and turned most of the night with her swollen belly. But a massive poop at 12:45am helped bring that melon tummy down! She looks pitiful laying on the kitchen floor, but has a normal belly! Brigita wouldn't even eat for nearly 2 hours after waking. She usually demands food upon waking. I stayed home with her today. She has been so sleepy and weak. She's still napping now and has had plenty of pedialyte and some food.
I now have to wake her up and get her ready to go meet with the Exceptional Children's specialists as well as someone from the School for the Deaf in order to start the assessment process for school. Hope she wakes up happy and is nice and behaved while we are there.
Overall, Brigita is doing great! She is very healthy. She is becoming interested in signs: knows "eat" well and occassionally does other signs. She understands so much that is said to her. She is hitting and biting less but still pushing and throwing her toys. She is very snuggly and is loving some momma time!! I love me some baby time too!! She is a wonderfully, resilient, strong little girl! I'm so grateful to be her mom!



  1. Ha ha. Dee, if you really felt bad about the miralax drinks, you'd drink one with her. :) :P Kidding. :) I think you're a great Mom to Brigita. Don't let anyone tell you different. :)

  2. Love hearing and seeing how well she has adjusted! She is so lucky you found her!

  3. She is the cutest baby ever!!