Disclaimer: The pictures and text included on this blog are my sole property and therefore, I possess the sole right of control to determine approved usage. No pictures or text may be copied, shared, duplicated, or in any other way reproduced or borrowed from this site. If you want to use pictures or text from this blog, please leave your request in the comments section.





Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Heart and Ears

Brigita had her appointment with the cardiologist today. She was born with a hole in her heart between the two champers (Ventrical Septal Defect) that healed on its own. Now she has a very healthy, strong heart! Also, her cardiologist is a part of the Down syndrome clinic here. I have called about getting Brigita into the clinic but have not heard back. The cardiologist sent an email to the clinic to get them to call back and schedule our appointment quicker.

This weekend, Brigita started taking my hands and my mom's hands and putting them on her ears and pressing our hands on her really hard. I wasn't sure if this was something new she was doing or if there was something going on with her ears. She started to this more. However, she wasn't running a fever, didn't have any cold symptoms, wasn't ill or cranky, wasn't crying, etc. I decided to call her pediatrician and have her checked out anyway since she doesn't communicate and doesn't generally cry about things. Good instincts because Brigita has an infection in both of her ears. Her right ear, which is the side she hits the most and had the hearing aid for, is much worse than the left side. So, she is on her first antibiotic since being with me. However, as of right now it appears she can still have her surgery  next week to get her ears drained, tubes put in, and hearing test.

It ended up being a long and busy day. I'm exhausted from having to hold her down for all the pocking and prodding. But she did great! I'm so proud of my sweet girl. She is such a trooper. I have so much admiration for her.

 
Ignore how high up her car seat clip has moved.
She's figured out how to move it.

 
There is a wonderful "all abilities" park about 20 minutes from our home. Of course, Brigita only wanted to swing.
We had a beautiful, warm weekend.

 
This picture was taken tonight. She brushed her teeth for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment